The Family Search website (free), Ancestry.com (subscription), newspaper obituaries, California Death Index and the death certificate provide more on Frank La Rue and family. He was married four times:
- 1880 census summary and census takers worksheet - living in Urbana, Champaign County, Ohio are 38 year old Endsley Larue (born Iowa; occupation "Farm Laborer"), his 22 year old wife Kate (born Ohio) and 1 year old son Frank (born Ohio): https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZ1J-S4T
- 1890 census is unavailable - it was lost in a 1921 fire (and water damage) at the Commerce Building in Washington, D.C.
- 1900 census summary and census takers worksheet - 58 year old Ensley B. Larue (born Iowa; occupation "Express Man"), 43 year old wife Kate L. Larue (born Ohio), and 22 year old son Frank H. (born Ohio) are renting in Marion, Marion County, Ohio. Frank H. Larue's occupation is "musician": https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MMDY-S6K
- Ancestry.com had the Cook County, Illinois, Marriage Index - 33 year old Frank H. La Rue married 35 year old Elsie G. Cormier on June 19, 1912 in Chicago. There was an earlier marriage and divorce for Elsie - Ancestry.com had the Utah Marriage record for Elsie Gresham Payne, born about 1879. She married Frank Clayton Cormier on July 17, 1905 in Weber, Utah.
Family Trees at Family Search have info on Elsie May Payne - she was born 1878 in Oregon and passed away May 4, 1961 in San Jose, Santa Clara County, California. She married Frank La Rue on June 19, 1912 and they divorced on December 19, 1921.
July 18, 1905 Ogden, Utah Standard newspaper had more on Elsie's marriage to Cormier. Excerpts: "... marriage yesterday of Frank Clayton Cormier and Elsie Gresham Payne, whose stage names are Frank Clayton and Elsie Gresham ..." ; "both Mr. and Mrs. Clayton were members of the Utahua Stock company the past season and have become popular with the Ogden theater goers."
- Ancestry.com had the 1915 New York Census - residing in New York City are 36 year old Frank Le Rue (occupation "Actor"), 36 year old wife Elsie and two year old daughter May.
- World War I draft registration - 39 year old Frank Herman LaRue was born December 5, 1878; lives in Port Jefferson, Shelby County, Ohio; and nearest relative is Kate LaRue also of Port Jefferson, Ohio. His occupation is "Actor" and he works for Sylvia Bidwell, Navarre Hotel, New York, New York: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K6N7-LPT
- 1920 census summary and census takers worksheet - living in Port Jefferson, Shelby County, Ohio are 62 year old Kate Larue (born Ohio; widowed), her 40 year old son Frank (born Ohio), Frank's 41 year old wife Elsa [sic] (born California), and their 6 year old daughter May. Occupations of Frank and wife are "Theatrical - Actor": https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MD52-V2V
- 1930 census summary and census takers worksheet - 58 year old Frank La Rue (born Ohio) and 38 year old wife Florence (born Georgia) are renting in Port Jefferson, Shelby County, Ohio. Occupations of Frank and Florence are "Actor - Vaudeville" and "Actress - Vaudeville", and Frank was not a World War I veteran: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X4CT-N77
- June 21, 1932 Los Angeles County marriage license of 52 year old Frank Herman LaRue (born Ohio) and 36 year old Florence Ronette Smith (born Massachusetts). This was his 4th marriage and her second. His parents were E. B. La Rue (born Iowa) and Kate Coon (born Ohio). Florence's parents were Joseph Techa (born Austria) and Ida Cook (born Massachusetts):
- 1940 census summary and census takers worksheet - 61 year old Frank Larue (born Ohio), 50 year old wife Florence R. (born Massachusetts), Frank's 82 year old mother Linnie Kate Larue (born Ohio), and several lodgers are renting at 4639 Prospect, Los Angeles. Frank lists his employment as "Actor - Motion Pictures" and in 1939, he worked 14 weeks and earned $1250.00: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K9CC-9Q1
- 1940 census summary and census takers worksheet for Frank's former wife Elsie - 62 year old Elsie Larue (born Oregon; divorced) is living in Anne Arundel County, Maryland with her 26 year old daughter May (born Ohio), May's 31 year old husband James W. Robinson (born Oregon; occupation U. S. Navy) and two Robinson daughters: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K76F-ZG6
- World War II draft registration - 63 year old Frank Herman La Rue was born December 5, 1878 in Ridgeway, Ohio. He and wife Florence R. La Rue live at 4639 Prospect Avenue, Los Angeles and his occupation is "Free lance in pictures": https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V4DW-1FC
- Death certificate: Frank Herman La Rue was born December 5, 1878 in Ohio, and his parents were Boniti La Rue (born Michigan) and Kate Coon (born Ohio). His occupation was "Actor - Free lance - Stage and Screen", and he passed away from a heart attack on September 26, 1960 at the Motion Picture Home and Hospital, Woodland Hills, California. He and wife Florence La Rue lived at 5533 Romaine Street, Los Angeles. Utter-McKinley was funeral director and burial at Inglewood Mausoleum.
- California Death Index mirrors the death certificate - Frank H. LaRue was born 12/5/1878 in Ohio, Mother's maiden name of Coon, and he passed away on 9/26/1960 in California: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPKV-MB2
- The September 29, 1960 Los Angeles (California) Times newspaper had an obituary, and there were two children listed as survivors. Excerpts: "He leaves his widow, Florence La Rue; a daughter, Lola [sic] Williams of Green Valley, and a son, Rand Barker of Hollywood."
(I asked Elsimae 'CiCi' Morse about Rand Barker. Apparently, the listing of him as a son is incorrect. He was a family friend and very close to "Nanny Flo" (Florence).)
Jim Tipton's Find A Grave website has info on Frank, his mother Kate, and wife Florence who are interred at Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California:
Frank's wife Florence Ronette Smith LaRue (1888-1983): http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=161587233
Frank's mother Kate Coon LaRue (1857-1942): http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=147644562